Subject: Re: [Leica] SOFTLY RELEASE YOURSELF
From: "phong (Doan huu Phong)" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 13:33:27 -0500

Hi Walt,

You are right that Tom Abrahamsson's soft release buttons
and Rapidwinder are expensive.  But I like them, although
I have 2 problems with soft release buttons with the non-TTL
M6 (I sometimes accidentally trips the shutter release
when I reach for the speed dial and also the bag tripping
the shutter).   The bigger speed dial on the M6 TTL should
help.  And thanks for the tip re: "the one for the OLD Canon
MF motor drive";  I should try to remember to check it out
at the local photo show next spring.

Regarding the Rapidwinder:  All I can say is I love it;  I have no
experience with the Leicavit, so I cannot compare.  It fits well
with my M6, is very smooth and small.   The Rapidwinder is
elegant, not only  much in terms of style, but primarily
as an engineering work.   It works, and works well.

And Tom Abrahamsson should better watch out for those
japanese kitchen appliance manufacturers with their  $39.95
retail winders.  I'd buy three of those as soon as they come
out and do the job.   Perhaps they will make the softies for
$1.00 retail;  I'll take ten of those, and solve the Asian financial
crisis in the process ;-)

- - Phong, O.D.A.Y.M member

Order of Dedicated Abrahamsson Yes Men
ABRAHAMSSON FOREVER  (or until the $39.95 winder comes out)