Subject: Re: [Leica] Pros and Leica sales! was vanc.
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 08:16:18 -0600 (CST)

I agree with most of these recent posts.  I know that as a youngster,
Nikon and Leica were "pro" tools -- that's what I wanted!!  Remember
the early 70s, lavish F-2 ads?  With various pros or "artists" featured
in the successive months?  That provided a fascination with F-F2 that
I >STILL< have today.  The F-3?  NOTHING about the advertising left
the impression that the early seventies ads did -- maybe I was
particularly impressionable at 16   -  or particularly weak when it
comes to ads........

Again, maybe I'm admitting my naivete', but the typical Leica
"investment" ads don't do it for me --- I didn't want a damn
camera in a wooden box with a certificate!  I wanted a couple
of brassed Ms on "Schwalberg" straps (!!) around my neck or
an F-2 on my shoulder.  Different image....  went with the
XKE and the blond....didn't have the money for those, either...

Guess I've admitted an image that will cause some of the group
to cringe.....what the hell, I got the Ms.....No hair, spare
tire in the middle, but gotta black Leica....

Enjoying the thread,
Walt