Subject: [Leica] Magnifier
From: "Bernhard Wingerter" <Bernd_Wingerter@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 21:00:05 +0100

Hallo Nathan,
the  Leica magnifier shows 50 mm in diameter, that's about 7 mm more than
the diagonal of an 24*36 negative.
Even with my eyeglasses (about +6 sph. -2 cyl) I can easily overlook the
full frame of a slide (much easier than the 35 mm lines in my M6HM).
I think it is a solid an really universal tool.
You can pull a strip through the strip film holder without scratching the
film and two small windows shows you the frame numbers.
It is my first magnifier, so I'm not able to compare but it shows a sharp
picture with really no distortion.
Bernhard

(I think this is on topic, so I go back to the LUG)