Subject: [Leica] Re: Filters for b & w
From: drodgers@nextlink.net
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:14:43 -0800

Lee

>>What are your favourite combination of filters for B&W photo work?<<

I use Medium yellow (15) or Red (25). Yellow is easier to use. There's less
than a one stop penalty. I like the effects of a red filter but I only find
it practical to use with 400 ASA film. I only use filters for landscapes or
IR film. I'm usually using slower film, so it's a Catch-22.

I never use more than one filter at a time. I never use filters for color.I
like B+W multi-coated filters.  I wish that I had a yellow and red B+W
filter in every size. I have Contax lenses that take 55, 67, 72 and 82mm
filters, Leica lenses that take 39, 43, 49 and 55, Mamiya 6 lenses that
take 58, Nikon lenses that take 52, and large format lenses that take 46,
77 and 62 in addition to some already mentioned. Unfortunately I don't have
a 43mm for my 50/1.4 Summilux. I happen to use that lens a great deal.

I have a couple of polorizers but I very rarely use them. I own some UV
filters, but never use them.

Dave