Subject: [Leica] Ilford Delta Films
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:53:54 EDT

Hi All,

In a message dated 98-10-21 18:40:26 EDT, Francois wrote:

<< Many say that Ilford Delta 100 is one of the sharpest, if not the sharpest
B&W
 film available.  To your knowledge, for general photography, which film
yields
 the sharpest images, all other things (ie. using a tripod) being equal?  I am
 looking for emulsions of ISO100 and ISO400.>>

Francois, in my experience the Deltas show the best combination of sharpness,
fine grain, and tonality of any black and white films I have used. I'm
delighted with them. Personally, I find the otherwise excellent Agfa films too
grainy, and the TMAX films seem to lack the same edge definition I get from
the Ilford films.

Hope this helps,

Will von Dauster