Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #365
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:25:30 -0400

Sometimes how images appear on the web do not reflect how they appear in
real life.  When I first set up my web site I was shocked to see how my
images appeared when viewed on other people's monitors.  I have since
fiddled a bit with gamma and contrast and brightness, so I think they
should be OK now, but I always keep this in mind when viewing other
people's web images.

In the case of Mr. Hughes images, I think the "flatness" apparent in some
of them *may* be a result of poor scanning.  On the other hand, I see some
beautiful shadow detail in some of them, which makes me think that the
original prints may be very nicely printed.

Dan C.