Subject: Re: [Leica] Black Finish
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 18:00:16 -0700

>On Fri, 09 Oct 1998, Dan Cardish wrote:
>
>>The problem with the finish on my M6 appears to be the opposite of what
>>others are experiencing.  My camera came out of the box with a dull matte
>>black finish, but has taken on a shine through use.  If I were to do
>>anything, I would like to return the finish to its original form.
>Wouldn't
>>polishes like Pledge just make the finish that much shinier?
>>
>>Dan C.
>
>Maybe Ted can tell us what happens to the black finish of an M6 when you
>stand behind a cow at the wrong time?
>
>Doug Herr
>Sacramento

Hey guys,

It was really shining for a few minutes!!!!!!!! :)  Slippery also! :) It
sure wasn't after shave lotion! :)

Oh yeah and the finish after it was cleaned-up? Still the same old nice
dull black! A tad wiffy though! :)  Wiped it down many times with those
hand-wipe wet paper things until it looked and felt clean.

However, on a hot and humid day? Slight hint of aromatic memories! :)

ted