Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 21 ASP OR HASSELBLAD 503cm with ?? (undecided)
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:38:29 +0200

Wood, Darrell (London) wrote:

> What would people suggest.
>
> I have 2 M6's (35,50 & 90).  I need to decide between either getting
> a 21asp or a Hasselblad.  Which would be of more use.

Presumably, that would rather depend on the type of photography you
intend to be doing in the future.  With a 21, you'd have a very nice
M6 outfit, suitable for just about any situation you could expect to
use a rangefinder in.

On the other hand, the Hassy would open up completely new avenues of
photography.

You need to ask yourself what kind of photography you do, what you'd
use either the 21 or the Hassy for, and which you are most interested
in.

As it stands, it's a bit like asking whether you should buy a new set
of carbon fibre Yoshimura cans for your Ducati 916, or whether you
should get that old Indian. Apples and oranges, if you see what I mean.

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho