Subject: Re: [Leica] Zeiss and Kyocera and Bud Cook
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 20:19:14 -0500

Marc,

I would be pleased if you and others would be more careful in reading
what I wrote.  I did not deride Zeiss rifle scopes.  They are world
class.  I simply stated that I was interested in why one of their scopes
was so much cheaper than the others.

As for Kyocera lenses, they may also be world class when it comes to
their optical quality. I never said otherwise.  What I question is
whether the lens mount, lens shade, diaphragm, controls and other
important parts of a lens are equal in quality to a lens that might cost
twice as much.

If you say they are, I'll take your word for it.

Bud