Subject: Re: [Leica] [Q] "transfer" of warranty?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 12:41:01 -0500

At 09:08 AM 9/13/98 -0700, you wrote:

>to be absolutely on the level, I guess you can have an agreement with
>the buyer that he can fully "test" the equipment during the warranty
>period, during which time it is still yours, but when the warranty
>period expires, the equipment automatically becomes his.

That is more than reasonable. But many manufacturers grant warrenties to
people who bought the camera, not to anyone who owns it after the fact. How
does a buyer know what the lens has been through, and why should Leica take
the hit for that?
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

 Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue