Subject: Re: [Leica] CdI Web site
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 00:57:21 -0500

At 02:16 PM 9/11/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Hey Dominique,
>
>did you read the test of leica R lenses in CDI, it's tough!
>Even the famous Apo telyt R 180 f/3.4 is heavily criticized! Good
>performance but much too expensive compared to N or C brand!

Yeah, well people who don't own them (and wish for justification for not
owning them) might think so, but for those of us who do own such lenses we
know they're worth every penny. For example, if I had to pay $5,300 for the
70-180 2.8 Vario Apo Elmarit R, I'd pay it (when I had it). Thankfully (to
Ted) I didn't. I've used Nikon's 80-200 2.8 and Canon's 70-200 2.8 L -
neither lens can touch this one. It's astounding.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch