Subject: Re: [Leica] Monopods
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 21:51:20 EDT

<<Do any LUG members use monopods with their Leica equipment? I just
bought a Bogen monopod and plan to use it this weekend with my R8 at a
kennel show and am wondering if it should stand completely vertical or
slightly angled in a certain direction. >>

I have been using a Gitzo Mountaineer monopod with my M-6 for about a month.
I like it very much.  The camera is much steadier and the monopod does not get
in the way like a tripod would.  I've found that for spontaneous shooting, it
works best to have it set at  eye level. I then just tilt it at the proper
angle to take the picture.  I have a ball head on it, but only use it to get
the camera vertical.  I suggest just playing with your monopod, until you
figure out what works best for you.  I think you'll like it a lot.

		Richard Wasserman