Subject: Re: [Leica] Palo Alto LUG slide night - Mark
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 22:39:14 -0700

At 09:16 PM 7/11/98 -0700, you wrote:

>1. using a tripod. jeff alford's amazing photograph of the inside
>of a church (cathedral ?) in salzburg, where he achieved an
>image of remarkable clarity, pretty much convinced me on the spot
>to update my ancient bogen and replace it with a new tripod
>that i can use to take photos rather than use to infuriate myself.
>i'm leaning towards a carbon-fibre gitzmo (sp?), i think it's
>called a "mountaineer", and a ball head.
>
>jim, jeff mentioned that you'd had bad luck with the glue
>in one of the legs ? any other horror stories ? or not ?
>
>mark

Mark,

I wish you had said something at the meeting. One of the tripods I had set
up was the Gitzo Mountaineer with the Arca Swiss B1 ball head with quick
release clamp. The tripod that had the R7 plus 28PC shift lens. My cameras
have RRS quick release plates on them. I had one Mountaineer leg come
un-glued, but I fixed it easily and quickly with ordinary epoxy. The
Mountaineer is a great tripod. I'm going to Europe for three weeks in
September and will be using this tripod. It is the Gitzo 1228, which is the
smaller of the two available.

You can always meet me either where I work (the meeting place) or at Keeble
& Shuchat. Let me know if I can help.

Jim