Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Int'l price differences
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 14:49:45 +0900

Hi Ken,

Thanks for clarifying Lemon's status.  I've been in there more than
once when one of the staff told a customer that their Leica product
was parallel-imported (they said "heiko unyu" i/o "choku unyu"), but I
looked closely at one of their ads today and they do say that they
import Leica directly from Leica/Solms.  You'd think the staff would
make that distinction, as authorized definitely sounds better than
gray market!

And I guess I was off a bit on the prices.  I haven't been looking for
new bodies lately, and I guess the 180,000 yen price was more than a
few months ago.

Thanks and Regards,

PB

On Mon, 06 Jul 1998 07:29:34 +0900, Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@ms.com> wrote:

>Lemon Camera is actually not a grey market dealer of Leica products.  It
>is one of the two official importers in Japan.  It earned this
>honourable status a few years ago, and it has Leica/Leitz-trained
>technicians with a full repair shop. =20

>BTW, the last time I checked, the price at Lemon was 210,000 JPY (1500
>USD) for the normal version, and 250,000 JPY (1800 USD) for the HM
>version.

Paul C. Brodek
Kobe, Japan
pcb@iac.co.jp