Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie shooting at wedding shower
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 17:06:31 +0000

Shoot in black and white to avoid having to color correct with filter and
losing all the speed you are trying to gain with fast film. You don't need
to shoot at 1/250 or even 1/125. 1/60 is fine. No one is going anywhere too
quickly in a room. A little blur now and then comes with the available
light package. some, like me happen to like a little blur. It's part of the
look. Your not shooting in a wax museum.  Personally I wouldn't even worry
about getting maximum DOF. I would try to shoot with Tri-x or T-max 400 at
400. Tri-x is probably safer; you have to watch out for the highlights with
T-max ( I happen to like the film though). Bring some T-max 3200 and rate
it at 1600 if it's really dim. Shooting inside with available light has a
look all its own. Don't try to recreate a sunny day situation. Don't be too
afraid of trying some shots at 1/30 or even 1/15. One of the beauties of a
Leica rangefinder is balance in the hand and negligible camera vibration.
Pick your exposure moments. And finally, try to shoot the whole thing with
the Leica and the wide angle. No one is going to hear the camera. Move
closer if you can. Enjoy.

Bill