Subject: [Leica] ALF, GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 06:51:56 -0400

I don't spend any time on the Web, so I have no interest in a Web Site for
the LUG, so I had deleted all of this "Web Space" thread unread.  I seem to
have missed some sort of a firestorm.  But Marvin Moss advised me of the
outlines of what has happened.  I turn my back for a couple of days, and
the most un-LUG-like behaviour explodes.

I do not know who this Francesco might be, unless he be the same as "Five
Senses".  I do know Danny G and have spoken out, quite firmly, in
disagreement with him over his puling whinges about the estimable Don
Chatterton.  I gather someone got sued by somebody else over something, but
haven't the foggiest idea of what occurred.  I also gather that someone
threatened to blackmail Alf over something, but, again, it is almost most
vague and puzzling.

Alf, your contributions to the LUG over the past year or more have been
great.  Pray, sign up again.  I have no idea who threatened you, or with
what, but I would strongly suggest you ignore it.

How is the discussion of some lawsuit germane to the LUG, in any event?
Did someone sue someone over Leica-made pictures?  (Eisie versus HCB?  Say
it ain't so!)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!