Subject: [Leica] 100mm f/2.8 APO ROM lens
From: SP <spaniel@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 17:44:29 -0700

I finally shot a roll of Kodak Gold 200 with the above lens and my R8,
and my pupils (in my eyes) dilated so much I though my eyeballs would
pop out. Why? The unbelievable quality the new 100 mm APO creates! I
keep putting the prints in my hands to confirm that I'm not indulging in
a mental fantasy! Hues, saturation, sharpness, and true-to-life
reproduction are amazing! If I had a scanner, I'd scan some of the
prints and you'd be convinced of the above. Thanks, Solms: this is one
of the most outstanding lenses in my collection of 25 Leica lenses!!!