Subject: Re: [Leica] discriminating, selective by definition
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 20:33:10 -0500

At 08:58 AM 4/22/98 -0500, you wrote:

>A discriminating listener or viewer will indeed be selective by
>definition.  My original gripe was that a third person would try to
>decide whether one was a music lover or photography lover based on the
>variety of types of music, medium, subject matter or lenses used.  That's

But what Mike was saying, if I understand him, is when someone says "I like
all music" they are just saying they don't know much. Same with art.
Holding an opinion would indicate to me someone has been thinking. A
prerequisite for having a valid opinion. (The operative word here being
valid).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch