Subject: Re: [Leica] Gitzo ball head in Chasseur d'Images
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:06:24 -0700

At 11:17 AM 4/20/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Jacques Leonard designer wrote:
>> I remember the "Best Buy" they recommended for ball head was a Gitzo. I
>> took note of the model number but lost the reference somewhere! (damn!)
>> Can someone, somewhere, find me the exact model number for this head?

I'm not sure why the Gitzo Ball head would be called a "best buy". There
are much better ball heads available. Arca Swiss, Linhof, Foba, Kirk, and a
few others that escape me at the moment. I personally would not entertain
buying a Gitzo Ball head. They are a lame (there's that word again!)
attempt at making a ball head.

Jim