Subject: Re: [Leica] One camera, one lens
From: John McLeod <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 08:07:54 +0000

Jim,

Now I'm sorry if I've offended you.  You have been very kind to me frankly,
both in response to my initial post on this thread, and also in recently
helping me find a good repair person for my broken R6's.  You're also right
that I shouldn't try to paraprase your comments, especially incorrectly ;-)
The editor of a local newspaper once told me "Never paraphrase.  Get the
quotes right or don't quote at all."

Please understand that, just as you have always tried to be forthright, I
have been doing the same here.  Like Alf, I was simply reacting to your
initial comment about "serious photography".  Your point, if I have it right
this time, is that taking one lens (say a 50) just won't cut it -- for you.
No argument there.  I was simply trying to point out that a person could
make a simple choice such as this, with good intentions and with good
results.  Maybe not "great" results ... .;-)....Just kidding Mike and all
you other 50mm users.  Personally, the 800mm/6.3 Telyt works best for me,
when I'm not using the 15/3.5 Super-Elmar, of course  ;-)

John McLeod