Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica and Minolta identical calculation
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 07:40:21 -0500

At 10:00 AM 4/13/98 +0200, you wrote:

>state-of-the-art Nikon AF Fisheye 16mm? The fact that the Leica lens is

Hmmm...and AF fisheye lens. Isn't that kind of like lipstick on a corpse?
Not really useful. :-)

>If the two lenses come from Japan and if the only difference between the
>Minolta and Leitz Fisheye is the lens bayonet, then I am prepared to pay
>a small additional sum of money for the "rarety" of the lens and the fact

I agree. I liked my 24 Elmarit R. The only difference wasn't the bayonet.
It was also the metal body of the lens. Very sturdy. But certainly not
worth the increase in price. I really hope they some day come up with a new
ASPH 24 Elmarit. The 19 is too wide for some things. I would never be able
to justify the cost of a fisheye lens in any case, I just wouldn't use it
enough. If I was into photographing the inside of pipes, or stars, I'd be
interested.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch