Subject: Re: [Leica] 24 Elmarit f2.8 ASPH
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 21:47:11 +0200

>Of course, the 21 asph Elmarit is a very very fine lens. But, other
>opinions (than Erwin's frequently cited comment) say, that the
>3.4/ 21 SA's rendition is more pleasant than the asph Elmarit's in
>90 percent of 21 mm lens pictures. And, if I'd look for a 21 mm
>M lens, I'd select the 3.4 SA.

My comments never cover the emotional side of personal lens comparisons.
The 3,4 SA might be more pleasing to some observers, but I am not talking
of one person likes or dislikes. I try to state the facts as can be
measured and viewed by anyone. Subjective evaluations are quite important
and valuable in its own right, but do not mix up the two strands of
evaluation (methodology versus impression).
Erwin