Subject: Re: [Leica] Ektachrome E-200
From: Fred Hess <fredhess@wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 22:29:01 +0200

Richard W. Hemingway wrote:

> Luggers,
>
> I have been working toward using only one M6 body - but would need mainly
> one film to use.  Mostly travel stuff, museum interiors etc., so that it
> needs to be able to be used in fairly low light.  I only shoot slides and
> have been using KR 64 or 25 and KR 200 in the bodies.  I have been reading
> great things about the new Kodak Ektachrome  E-200 film.  Has anybody used
> it??  Projected it?? Impressions?? and No I don't like Fuji films as much
> and have tried all I can get my hands on.
>
> Dick Hemingway
> Norman, OK

Dear Richard,

I just made a comparison-test of Kodachrome 200 and E-200. There are
some odd differences. The colorbalance of E-200 is some what warmer
toned. F.i. blue tones look more natural, more realistic. The contrast
of E-200 is slightly lower compared to Kodachrome 200, but the
"sharpness-impressing" is almost the same. Grainsize: E200 extrem fine,
Kodachrome: rather fine (but not as small as E-200.
For my use, photojournalism and naturephotography E200 is my
favourite!!!.
BTW: I made the test with a Leica M6, Summilux 50 mm and Elmarit 21
mm,on a clouded and bright day!!

Hope this information is helpfull, kind regards.
- --
Fred Hess

Den Haag   / the Hague
Nederland / the Netherlands (NL)

tel + 31 70 325 83 12    fax + 31 70 325 86 34