Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #281
From: nfrnkish@dux4.tcd.ie (Neil Frankish)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 10:13:54 +0100

From: "William Ferris" <billferris@worldnet.att.net>

Subject: [Leica] Bowie Knives

<I would like the opinions of collectors or makers on what would be a =
<good Bowie type or design or style (or whatever it is called) from which =
<to make an initial Bowie knife purchase.  I may jump on the current =
<collecting bandwagon an buy a bowie, but I need some input.  I may also =
<need to have a shoulder holster(?) developed to carry them because I =
<know they won't fit in my boots or my pants pocket!! (-:

You should try on rec.knives for this (did you press the wrong button at
the wrong time?), but in the opinion of many, a Randall No.1, 7" is both
collectable and a good user. Also check out Cold Steel's offerings. Puma
make some very, very nice bowies, but expensive (strange- the're German
too): check the Knifecentre web pages.

Neil.