Subject: [Leica] September-Suprise
From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 07:39:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gang,

Danny's post about the sale of the Leica "M6 Electronic" top plate at
the Christies auction this month got me to thinking.

Photokina, teh world's largest photographic show, is held in Germany
every other year in September...and this is the year.  It is
traditional that all of the manufactures announce major new products
at this show.

Now, in the first few months of 1998 Leica has announced a bunch of
new products (the M6HM, and several new lenses).

My thinking is, if they are announcing these products now, what is the
big "September-Surprise" that they are saving for Photokina.

So, I consulted my crystal ball (made from Leica glass of course) and
here are the three things it told me:

1)  They will introduce an the M6 Electronic.  An aperture priority
body with TTL flash and a high point view finder.

2)  They will also introduce a digital back which can be used on the
R8 or R7.

3)  They will announce FREE samples for all visitors to the factory at
Solms.  (I never said the crystal ball was perfect).

So, don't get too excited about the Leica products that are coming out
now...THE BEST IS YET TO COME.

Regards,
Bill