Subject: [Leica] enlarger and focus
From: "Douglas McLernon" <dmcl@iol.ie>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:04:51 -0000

Jim Brick wrote "I hate to tell you this, but I think you have it
backwards. To make smaller
prints, you move the enlarger head closer to the paper. When you do this,
you must move the lens FARTHER away from the film (closer to the paper) in
order to focus"

Sorry but this is incorrect I have  Durst 600 series, this machine is
designed for film sizes up to 6X6 and is normally fitted with a 75/80mm
lens. To use a 50mm for 35mm film it is necessary to use a recessed lens
board.
Doug

 Dr. Douglas McLernon, Dublin 4, Ireland
E-mail - Trinity College Economics Dept. <Douglas.McLernon@tcd.ie> Home