Subject: Re: [Leica] What the "other guys" are saying about Leicas
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:47:41 -0500

I recall reading how Margaret Bourke-White started with an old second hand
camera, with a noticable bubble in the lens, and with a rudimentary
understanding of the technical end of photography. I admired the photographs
because of the quality of her 'eye'; I use a Leica, but unfortunately, most
of my photos are rather mundane. I would use an oatmeal box, and pinhole
lenses, if I could 'see' to take photos with the impact of Haas, Steiglitz,
Eisenstadt, et al.
Having good equipment is nice, but it is not the end-all, be-all. Many of
the photos that the LUGgers put on the net are stunning images, even at the
web limited resolution; in truth, they would probably be as stunning on the
net if they had been taken with an old Argus C3. You would have to break out
the ol' Peak loupe to really appreciate the majority of the Leica
advantages.
My 2 cents worth! I am just happy that we have so many talented people
willing to share their 'visions' and knowledge! Thanks, guys

dwpost@msn.com