Subject: Re: [Leica] Rephrasing question. I wanted to know difference between an M 90mmm lens and a Reflex 90mm lens for my R camera.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 20:16:51 -0600

At 11:12 AM 1/19/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Even if the M and R lenses Summicron are identical, I could well understand
>that photos taken with an R camera with the 90 lens might appear
>consistantly sharper because of the accuracy of focusing.  The M6 finder
>image is so reduced in size that consistant accuracy of focus with 90 and
>longer lenses wide open is more chancey.

Even though this is literally true, I don't think that would make the
difference. The R focusing accuracy isn't that much better in this range. I
find my 75 Summilux easy to focus, as long as I'm a bit careful. But with
my 90 Summicron R, it's the same thing. Though after more than 10 years
follow focusing basketball, I don't have much problem with that lens. (My
black and white basketball picture on my web page was taken with a 90
Summicron wide open in a very dark gym.)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

HEADLINE:    Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge