Subject: Re: Flare
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 01:19:26 -0500 (EST)

Roger, When I saw the negs from the Tokyo shoot I thought it was a bit of a
fluke, but later this spring the same thing happened again. I talked to Leica
Solms and they offered to check the lens out and thats where it is now. The
flare is a different one that I have gotten with other lenses. It virtually
opaques out the whole neg, but as I was shooting a sequence I could see the
build up, peak and the gradual decrease of flare. The movement of the lens in
the sequence was very small, a couple of degrees would eliminate the flare
altogether and the lens was its usual self, sharp, snappy and great. Doing
flare testing in Vancouver in the fall and winter means having to wait a long
,long time. Arizona sounds like a great place to test it. Let me know if you
succed with it. Give my best to Lloyd.
Tom A