Subject: Re: Roll call
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 17:12:16 -0800

Jacques Bilinski, 43 years old (born same year as the Leica Ms)

Married with 2 boys aged 4 and 6

Systems Analyst in Vancouver, Canada.

Before becoming a family man I combined my photography with mountaineering,
hiking, ski touring, and travelling. In 1979 I travelled around the world
with for about a year with a Rollei 35 and a Leica CL with a 90mm Elmar C.
It was with this combination that I took my best photos. I later became
interested in running and have a marathon PR of 2:26. Injuries put a stop
to that and I now cycle instead. I try and do a couple of cycle tours every
summer. My other hobby is small wheeled Moulton Bicycles. Enthusiasts of
these have their own list like the LUG.

My photography now consists of recording family life, etc. One area I've
really neglected is the organizing of my slides and negatives. I have
several large cardboard boxes full of unsorted slides. Something I hope to
remedy sometime.

Leica equipment: chrome M6, chrome 35mm sumicron, 90mm elmarit M.

Other photo equipment: Rollei 35 SE, Olympus IS10, Linhof Technika 6 by 9.

Past Cameras: Leica CL with 90mm Elmar C, Rollei 35, Pentax System
consisting of LX, MXs & lenses (I wish the Leica Rs were that  light and
small). Nikon System (insurance reolacement for the pentax stuff). Never
liked
it as much as the Pentaxes.

Latest toy: Canon ELPH (IXUS) 24mm-48mm. This camera is very small - easily
fits in pant pockets. Just got my first roll of film back and an favorably
impressed. Comparable to 35mm. Disadvantages include small viewfinder and
time lag while autofocussing. I'm going to try and keep it with me at most
times.