Subject: Re: Master Adams versus frauds?
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 06:29:57 -0700

On 30 Oct 97,  Vondauster@aol.com wrote:

<snip>

> The government reflects the will and the judgement of the people - in
> a democracy. The marketplace reflects only the judgement of the people
> with spare money.

You put art on a pedestal that is undeserved, Will. Art is only a "feel
good" thing for those who fancy themselves above the masses. The
marketplace is all encompassing. It covers all aspects of our lives,
even those that you would like to elevate to an untouchable level.

"Spare money"? Ah yes, the tool of those without the sensitivity of the
have nots. Here we are on the Leica Users List implying that spare
money is something less than good. Aren't we as Leicaphiles even
remotely aware that far more good to great photography is produced with
equipment other than Leica. We, Will, are those with the "spare money"!
BUT, I love having it! It is what allows me to be philanthropic in my
chosen directions, not those chosen for me. But then, I don't know how
to spend my money.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer