Subject: R8 & standards
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:24:07 +0100

I heard today, that Solms sold about 5.000 R8s worldwide meanwhile. Would it
be too unfair to note, that Canon sells that in half an hour [maybe a day
more ;) ]?

One of my traders even said, that the number of returns on some products and
Solms/ Leica repairments has reached never known heigth.

Maybe, Mrs. and Mr. Solms, you should look inside a RF Canon or RF Nikon
from the 50ies to remember production standards, traditions and performance
again.

Still trusting in Leica - although shaken,

Alf