Subject: Re: Leica quality in large format lenses?
From: barney@sgi50.wwb.noaa.gov (Barney Quinn)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 97 14:09:00 -0500

Juan,

Like you I do black and white in with my Leica, and my 4x5, and like
you I have some modern LF glass. I also have a 160mm, uncoated f4.5 Optar
which has made in the early 40's, from what I can tell. I didn't pay
very much for it. Perhaps I lucked out, perhaps the lens was made when
the stars were aligned just so. I don't know. But I just love how it
looks with TMAX 100.

Barney

Juan> and Biogon-like designs from Schneider and Rodenstock), with excellent
Juan> resolution but also with very high contrast. Does any of the LUG members
Juan> know of large format lenses with Leica-like quality? I am looking for that
Juan> elusive Leica look, bokeh, whatever, and great resolution with moderate
Juan> contrast. Is there such a thing? If this is too un-Leica for the list, you