Subject: Re: M use
From: Detlef Beyer <d.beyer@hermes.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 17:31:36 +0200

ted wrote:
>Generally the widest possible aperture and highest possible shutter speed is a
>great thing to separate your subject from the background and it will make it
>stand out crisply clear and sharp!

Hi Ted,

I followed the "wide open is better" trail for a while now. There is
nothing new  I learned from this. To differ the DOF to get a different
touch to the image is what makes out a photographer and not very new. I
asked for the 1/8000th and a reason for this high shutter speed. To use the
widest possible apperture does IMHO not need this speed. Normaly you go out
in the morning or in the evening to look for good light. Even if you go out
at 12:00 - what film speed do you use to need the 1/8000???
If I would get the 1/8000th for free - ok I wouldn't reject this offer. But
if I had to pay money for it...?!

>It is such a wonderful way to shoot when you are working with the M6 and the
>Noctilux at f.1! :)  The backgrounds when shooting colour dissolve into an
>eatheral mix of colour and the main subject jumps off the page or screen. Pure
>magic! :)

But there is only a 1/1000th on my M6 - how did you manage to separate your
subject from the background without the 1/8000???

Cheers,

Detlef

<LEICA IMAGES> http://www.hermes.de/chile/ </LEICA IMAGES>