Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 06:41:22 CDT

>which is designed for the high end of the market both in features and
>price.  It would be more fair to compare the R8 with say... an F5 or
>EOS
>N1.

Shawn,

You are correct, of course.  I have never used the the F5 or EOS.  I
would think that if you don't use AF (which is a big "if") the R8 would
be easier to use.

Even so, when I had  Nikon N50, with a made in Thailand 35-70 zoom lens,
I was surprised at the qualitly of the slides I got with it.  Unless you
go for a lot of more advanced features - it will do the job.  With the
discounts I think it is about the best value  for a low cost body - and
you can use all the Nikon lens with it.

I think the R8 will give me what I liked in the F4 - knobs eassier to set
than the buttons and menus.

Dick