Subject: Re: "Leica Look"
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 22:45:01 -0700

> Ferdinand wrote:
> I've been asking around a number of Leica M users about their optical
> characterestics and the thing I've really gathered is "Leica Look".
>
> What is the leica look and what makes it "different" from the Nikon or
> Canon look ??

Ferdinand - awhile back I posted a note concerning my experience in
Stockholm in 1967 with the Focomat IIc enlarger and discovering the "Leica
Look" :

"One of my early experiences at KameraBild was learning to see the
difference back then between a perfectly exposed Leica vs Nikon negative.
The Leitz optics displayed a certain sparkle which I believe was due to the
better color resolution (i.e., focusing all wavelengths to the same spot).
Being able to capture that enhanced contrast on the print was a constant
challenge and great delight when successful. Of course, learning to see and
appreciate that subtle "sparkle" has cost me a lot of money ever since!"

Gary Todoroff
datamaster@humboldt1.com