Subject: Re: Q about light meter in M6
From: Jorge Saravia Ríos <jsaravia@zeus.uniandes.edu.co>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 13:05:54 +0500

>In J. Estlands book "Leica M compendium" he explains on p.130-132 that
>changing the frame of the M6 with the preselector lever has an influence
>on the actual size of the measuring area of the light meter. This means
>that I get a smaller measurment area when I change the frame to 135 mm=20
>still using a 35 mm lens.=20

Hi Martin,

By changing the frame lanes of the M6 viewfinder, you can have and idea of
what will measure a different lens, but it doesn=B4t change the real measure
area of the lens you are using. I you cock your camera without a lens you
can see the white spot used for the light measure, it doesn=B4t change with
the frame selected.

JORGE SARAVIA=20