Subject: Re: Shutterbug
From: Chris Fortunko <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 19:56:16 -0700

Roger,

I agree with your comments. The article by Hicks, as usual, stands out. And,
he is a noted Leica man.

The other articles, unfortunately, are not worth reading.

Thank you for the tip on View Camera. My next project will probably be an
8x10. My main reason for not using one in the past was a lack of a darkroom.
I think that I can get around this problem by using a changing bag and
processor. This does not mean at all that I intend to give up 35mm
photography. Quite the contrary.

Best of Light,

Chris

At 06:17 PM 1/1/97 +0000, you wrote:
>> LUGs,
>>
>> My New Year's resolution is not to read Shutterbug any more.
>>

>It's the rare article in any issue of SB that's worth reading.  I'm
>convinced the articles exist to somehow classify SB as a magazine
>instead of a catalog.  In fairness to SB, they sometimes provide
>reasonable content.  The article in the MF issue on creating a 6x17
>panoramic camera from a couple of old 6x9 folders looks like an
>interesting project.
>
>I subscribe to SB for the ads.  The articles exist for my occasional
>amazement.  If you're looking for content try View Camera (I don't do
>LF but VC is a wonderful magazine, well worth the price), Photo
>Techniques, and Darkroom User.
>
>Roger

C.M. Fortunko
Group Leader, Materials Characterization (853.05)
Materials Science and Engineering Laboratory
325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80303

tel. (303)497-3062     FAX (303)497-5030
e-mail: fortunko@boulder.nist.gov