Subject: [none]
From: feldman <feldman@tuj.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 12:16:26 +0900 (JST)

This is only my 2nd post, although I've been on board for several months.
The following is from the Photofile book on Mark Riboud, of Magnum:

"I met Henri Cartier-Bresson, who immediately converted me to an ancient
viewfinder {for his Leica} that had the strange characteristic of
inverting the image.  'It's really helpful,' he told me. 'It is exactly
what the masters of the Renaissance were doing when they were looking at
their canvases in a mirror to check on the composition.'"

Question:  Does anyone know anthing about this finder and where it can be
found (and at what cost)?  I've heard that Inge Morath also was converted
by HCB to this finder when she was starting out.

Many thanks,

Bruce Feldman
Tokyo