To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Muggers
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 1996 19:04:53 -0700

George R. Zachar wrote:

> >Today I was in downtown Denver making pictures of winos and addicts when two
> > >young hispanic males very firmly asked me for my bag.
> Snip
>
> Is it necessary to mention that the muggers are Hispanic?
> Just wondering.

No it wasn't necessary, but then reporting the mugging wasn't necessary
either.

It was, however, factual--unlike censorship which intentionally distorts
the news or media for the sake of political correctness.   it was what
it was.

if you have a problem with that, I suggest you contact the muggers.
perhaps next time they can disguise themselves for the sensitivity of
the politically correct.

somehow I just don't think this mailing list is the place for any sort
of censorship.

Stephen Gandy