To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Contax to Leica Adapters
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996 08:11:02 -0700

Marc James Small wrote:

> First, I would appreciate more information on the adapter your friend
> recently obtained.  I doubt that this is a Zeiss product, but would like
> more information:  the gnomes of Jena ARE innovative, if not always practical!

I'm going to the Oakland show Saturday of next week..  There is a chance
will be able to take pics of the adapter there.  I have yet to see the
adapter in question.   Right now I am just taking his word on it.

You seem to have the details of the Leica/Contax mount to Japanese copy
transformation. I had heard the other war reparation story from several
sources, but have no documentation to prove it.

As far as our different experiences with the adapters, I have no
explanation for it.    For me, I see different results
with the same equipment as among the pleasures of this hobby.   It
helps keep photography an interesting, personal, and artistic
experience.

Stephen Gandy

Message from Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net> (Re: Contax to Leica Adapters)