To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Zeiss lenses for Leica / Alpa
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@a1.NL>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 13:45:37 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@mail.a1.nl>

On 12 Aug 96 at 22:38, Douglas McLernon wrote:

> Someone out there mentioned Zeiss lenses for rangfinder Leicas. How many and
> what modern Zeiss lenses are availabe for III series or M series Leicas? Are
> you refering to pre-war Germany designs made in the old USSR or East Germany
> (Jena), or special mounts for newer designs. I love Zeiss lenses ( maybe I
> put up with the new G-1 - Eric is correct  - it is slow and noisy and I
> don't think really that it was designed for professional use -.see previous
> comments) - but my God the lens quality is as good as anything I have seen
> in 35mm, and I've had Leicas from the mid 50's to the present day - also
> used the MF ones in Rolleis and Hasselblads,

I believe this has popped up before: the Zeiss Hologon 16mm/f8 for
the Contax G1 can be converted to Leica M mount. Conversion cost is
DM 1790, on top of the lens costs of DM 4800....8-))
Foto Schaja Muenchen, voice: +49 89 2916 2483, fax: +49 89 2925 06

BTW, for those interested in the Alpa camera: the manufacturer,
Capaul&Weber from Zurich bought the name from the bankrupt Alpa
company (conglomerate?). They will produce 50 cameras pro year, at a
price of DM 13000....8-))

--
Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

The difference
between men and boys
is the price of their toys