To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Incomplete Serial Numbers
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 19:23:12 -0400

I would be very surprised if private insurance companies would have access
to the goverment-run NCIC system, though I suppose they may have set up a
cooperative of their own.

Still, I'll continue to list my entire serial number.  I would have little
difficulty establishing clear title to my lenses and IF one of my lenses
turns out to have been stolen along the chain of ownership, then it really
ought to be returned to the rightful owner.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!