To: Leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: 50mm Summicrons
From: Thomas Pindelski <ThomasP@POSTOFFICE.nacm.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 96 11:47:00 PDT
Encoding: 11 TEXT

"I don't believe it is over-stating the case to say that the
second version (1969 - 1979) is generally regarded as the poorest variant of
the Summicron lens"

Mine is superior to the earlier one I owned and used for many years. That
 was a dual range model.  The black one is lighter, too! Great for
close-ups, but Leitz did specify that the M3 would not rangefinder-couple
all the way. Planned obsolescence for the M3?

ThomasP@nacm.com