To: Leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Russar 20mm
From: Thomas Pindelski <ThomasP@POSTOFFICE.nacm.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 96 07:47:00 PDT
Encoding: 26 TEXT

">I have been intrigued by the recent discussion here of the Russar 20mm
>lens. I'm interested in buying one, but I don't know where I might find
>them. Mark Cheney in New York carries a large selection of Jupiter lenses
>and FEDs, but he said he didn't come by the Russar's very often.
>Does anyone know of a good place to start hunting?
>What is a price range for these lenses?

If you can deal with the UK, then you can buy one for UKP 269.00
(including finder) from;
SRS Ltd
94 The parade
High St
Watford
Herts
WD1 2AW
U.K."

I just faxed these guys asking whether these lenses are new and whether they
ship to the US/accept US funds or credit cards.

I'll let you know what they say.  At ~$400 new, with finder, this seems too
good to pass up for one who cannot justify $2,000+ for the Real Thing....and
is , at best, an occasional ultra-wide user.

ThomasP@nacm.com