To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The Leica Forté
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 12:01:29 -0700 (MST)

>As I pointed out, I have no knowledge of the R6. If Leica achieved
>operational independence in the R6 yet maintained all the Nikon goodies in
>the F90, I would be amazed. I must write for a brochure on the R6. I had
>thought it was one of those all-option programmed cameras so prevalent in
>90s.

The R7 makes a bit of a move toward the automated type you describe, though
w/o auto focus. The R6 and R6.2, however, only have the built-in meter as
their concession to modernity. That meter allows full field integral and
selective metering. The full field is full field, but with center weighting
and the selective is something like a 7 degree spot. Otherwise, the R6/6.2
is mechanical shutter, with the lovely fit and feel of the fabulous original
Nikon F.

Call Leica at 800/222-0118 and ask them to send you a brochure on the R line.
     --
     Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                               Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum