To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Baseline length in M cameras. Was RE: 90 mm Leica lenses.
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 17:44:08 -0700 (MST)

>Now wait just a doggone minute. <g>
>
>The M3 is no longer than an M6. How could the baseline be significantly
>longer? I don't remember seeing little mirrors sticking out the end of an M3
>to give it a wider baseline. :-)
>
>Hmmmm...could that be why they can't put an M6 rangefinder in the M3? I
>thought it was for a different reason. Now I've got to find an M3 to compare.
>
>Okay, citation please. I've got to see the numbers on this one. Thanks.

>Eric Welch

I assume that you've seen Michiel's post, Eric. It's the *effective*
baseline length that is operative and that is derived from the actual times
the rangefinder magnification.
     --
     Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                               Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

Replies: Reply from Cameras <Cameras@ix.netcom.com> (Re: Baseline length in M cameras.)