To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica Minizoom (was: All this fuss about F5)
From: Chuck Warman <cwarman@sol.wf.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 12:20:28 -0500
Cc: rollei@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

At 09:57 AM 6/22/96 -0400, Chris Fortunko wrote:

_________________SNIPPAROOKSI________________

>Admittedly, the M cameras are not for  everyone. My wife and daughter hate
>them, because they are slower and less forgiving than their Leica Minizoom,
>which they like very much.

My wife, like yours, is a P&S addict, though she burns more film than I do.
She is presently using an Olympus Infinity - can't recall the model number,
but it has a 38-105mm zoom lens. I'm not crazy about her results.

My question for you, and the LUG (and the Rollei group), is: Is the Minizoom
lens appreciably better than the Olympus, or than other P&S's. Also, what
about the Rollei Prego with Schneider optics?

In short, what is the best choice for a lovely but stubborn lady who
steadfastly refuses to upgrade from point-and-shoot?

Chuck
Chuck Warman
cwarman@sol.wf.net   (Wichita Falls, TX)
"The abdication of Belief / makes the Behavior small."
                                 ----Emily Dickinson