Subject: Best light meter?
From: Dave Topper <topper@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 13:23:46 -0400
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Newsgroups: rec.photo.equipment.misc

Hello,

I am a novice photographer and proud owner of a Leica M3.  This
camera came with the Leica MC lightmeter ... which I think is now
suffering severe brain damage.

I would like to pick up a new one and am wondering if there's a good
one I can click on to my M3 ... or if there's a good one that you folks
in the feild use that would fit my needs (eg., about $100) well.  I have
no particular attachment to the MC meter and would much rather have
something that helps me get good photos.

I say my MC meter has brain damage as I did a test and shot duplicate
photos with it vs. my Argus C-1.  The MC meter gave low readings when on
"black" and high readings when on "red" ... resulting in over and under
exposed pictures if shot according to its suggested speed/fstop.

Thanks ... please reply via email if possible as I don't always get issues
of the Leica digest / read p.e.m that frequently,

DT
--
Dave Topper (me)
Student of:  Life, Computer Music and Art.

Replies: Reply from bkarthau@execpc.com (Brad K.) (Re: Best light meter?)