To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Re: Leica M6 competition...
From: Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 11:23:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Wolfgang Sachse wrote:

> > You are right, moreover i think to buying a Mamiya 7. But the price is as
> > hight as the Leica's rate
> > Mamiya 7 = M6 medium format.
> > What is your opinion ?
>
> 	Hi -
>
> 	Excuse me for jumping in. I have an M6 plus three lenses
> 	but I like landscape photography without film grain and
> 	superb gradations of color. So I bought M7 with 65mm/f4
> 	lens. It's a wonderful camera - but far more fragile
> 	than the M6. All plastic. Also requires batteries to
> 	operate (for shutter and exposure meter; manual film
> 	advance.) And mine already had a shutter (in the lens)
> 	replacement. But I've just gotten back from 10 days in
> 	the Julian Alps and ballooning and the pictures are
> 	spectacular and the weight is not too burdensome to carry
> 	(at least to 2000 meters).
SNIP

	To the person inquiring about the Mamiya 7:

	Have you considered any of the Fuji 120 RF cameras?  They do not
have interchangeable lenses, but they are cheaper than the Mamiyas and I
have spoken to people who really like them.  The ones that I have handled
seem very sturdy.

Just a thought.

Gary Toop